Gluten-Free Banana Bread
Servings: 12 slices
1 ½ cups (375 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup (60 mL) Highwood Crossing Organic Flax Seed
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1 1/3 cup (325 mL) mashed banana (approx. 3 ripe bananas)
1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened plain yogurt
1 large egg
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Grease a 9 x 5‐inch loaf pan.
3. Mix flour, flax seeds, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk or mix with mixer, bananas, yogurt, egg, vanilla and
5. Once well blended, add dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
6. Pour batter in pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes
7. Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes in pan, and then turn out onto a baking
rack to cool.
Keeps well for several days if wrapped and stored refrigerated in an air‐tight