Servings: 16 Brownies
8 oz (225 g package) semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) cocoa powder
1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened applesauce
3 large eggs
3/4 cup (175 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Grease an 8 inch square pan
3. Place semisweet chocolate chips and butter in the top of a double boiler or in a
metal bowl over a pot of water, and melt over low heat.
4. Once melted, remove from heat and whisk in sugar and cocoa powder.
5. Whisk in vanilla, applesauce and eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
6. Stir in flour, salt and white chocolate chips.
7. Pour into greased pan and bake for 30 minutes or until edges pull away from
8. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack in pan.
9. Cut and serve once cooled.
Store refrigerated in an airtight container.