Gluten-Free Cheese Puffs
Servings: 12-15 Cheese Puffs
1/2 cup (125 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (125 mL) water
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp (2 mL) finely minced fresh rosemary
1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/2 cup (125 mL) grated, strong firm cheese (gruyère or white cheddar)
1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
2. Mix flour and salt, set aside.
3. Place butter and water in saucepan and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium‐low, add flour mixture all at once and stir quickly until
smooth and comes together in a lump. The dough will come away from the sides
of the pan.
5. Immediately remove from heat and transfer to an electric mixer bowl.
6. Beat on low speed for approximately 1 minute to slightly cool the mixture.
7. Increase speed to medium and add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each egg.
8. Add herbs and continue beating until mixture is very smooth and thick.
9. Add cheese and mix just until incorporated.
10. Place spoonfuls of mixture about 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter on parchment lined baking sheet keeping in mind that they will double in size.
11. Bake for 20 minutes or until uniformly golden and outside is crisp.
12. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.