Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Servings: 12 Slices
2 cups (500 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1 cup (250 mL) white sugar
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1 ½ tsp (7 mL) baking soda
2/3 cup (150 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup (250 mL) light sour cream
1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ tsp (7 mL) vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (375 mL) 2% milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
3. In second bowl whisk eggs, sour cream, butter, vanilla and milk.
4. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Grease and lightly flour with Gluten Free flour, two 9‐inch round cake pans.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or ice with chocolate ganache or your favourite
icing and serve.