Gluten-Free Cream Puffs
Servings: 12-15 cream puffs
1/2 cup Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup water
2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Mix flour, sugar and salt, set aside.
3. Place butter and water in saucepan and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, add flour mixture all at once and stir quickly until smooth and comes together in a lump. The dough will come away from the sides of the pan.
5. Immediately remove from heat and transfer to an electric mixer bowl.
6. Beat on low speed for approximately 1 minute to slightly cool the mixture.
7. Increase speed to medium and add eggs one at a time, mixing well between each egg.
8. Continue beating until mixture is very smooth and thick.
9. Place spoonfuls of mixture about 1 inch in diameter on parchment lined baking sheet, keeping in mind that they will double in size.
10. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn down heat to 350°F and bake for further 10-15 minutes or until uniformly golden and outside is crisp.
11. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
Cut an opening on one side of each pastry and fill with a small dollop of jam and whipped cream, then dust lightly with powered sugar.