Gluten-Free Lemon Scones
Servings: 12 ‐ 14 Scones
3 ½ cups (875 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
2 tbsp (30 mL) baking powder
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
1 cup (250 mL) cold unsalted butter
1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon zest
3/4 cup (175 mL) 2% milk
2 large eggs
1 tbsp (15 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large bowl.
3. Rub or cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
4. In separate bowl, mix lemon juice, lemon zest and milk, then whisk in eggs.
5. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.
6. Stir until the ingredients start to come together.
7. Dust board or a clean surface with 1 tbsp (15 mL) flour and turn mixture out
onto it and knead to bring together into smooth dough.
8. Pat out dough to a 3/4 inch (2 cm) thickness and cut into 2‐1/2 to 3 inch (6 to 8
9. Bake on parchment lined cookie sheet for approximately 12 minutes or until
starting to turn golden.
Serve with preserves and clotted or whipped cream ‐ or simply serve warm.