Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Servings: 6 Slices
1 ¼ cups (310 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
2 tbsp (30 mL) ground flax seed
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup (150 mL) 2% milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Grease a pizza pan or cookie sheet well with olive oil or line it with parchment paper.
3. Combine flour, salt, pepper and ground flax seed. Add eggs and milk and mix well to form a smooth batter*.
4. Spread batter on pan into desired shape, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter, making edges slightly thicker than the centre.
5. Place pan in oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Remove pan and prick with fork several times ‐ it will puff up in spots while baking.
7. Spread tomato or pesto sauce and top with your favourite toppings and cheese.
8. Bake for another 15 minutes for a thin crust and 20 minutes for a medium thick crust or until crisp and golden on the edges and cheese bubbles.
*Note this is a batter consistency and not dough.