Gluten-Free Shallot Blinis
Servings: 20 – 24 Blinis
1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
1/4 cup (60 mL) finely minced shallots
1 cup (250 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1 large egg
1 cup (250 mL) 2% milk
2 tbsp (30 mL) Highwood Crossing Organic Cold Pressed Canola Oil
1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) black pepper
1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
Melted butter for pan
1. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add butter.
2. Add shallots and sweat until translucent. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl.
4. In second bowl mix wet ingredients, add shallots, pepper, lemon zest and thyme.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients all at once and whisk until combined.
6. Heat griddle pan on medium‐high heat and brush pan with a little melted butter.
7. Pour 2 tbsp (30 mL) of batter for each blini onto pan.
8. Cook until bottom is brown and bubbles appear on top.
9. Turn and cook for approximately 1 minute.
Serve blinis topped with smoked salmon and capers and béchamel sauce, or sautéed
mushrooms and béchamel sauce or with topping of your choice.