Servings: 24 Mini Tarts
2 cups (500 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
1/2 cup (125 mL) cold unsalted butter
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp (15 mL) apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL) ice water
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Place flour and salt in food processor fitted with metal blade.
3. Pulse 2‐3 times to mix.
4. Cube butter and add to flour mixture.
5. Pulse until mixture looks like coarse meal with pea sized chunks of butter.
6. Add the lightly beaten egg and apple cider vinegar and pulse until incorporated.
7. Drizzle ice water over dough and pulse a few times until dough comes together.
8. Remove from food processor and knead to bring it together.
9. Shape dough into round disc.
1. Roll out dough between two sheets of waxed paper to 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick.
2. Cut circles slightly bigger than the cups of your mini tart pan.
3. Gently press dough into tart pan mending any cracks that occur by pressing
together or with a little extra dough and arrange edges so filling does not spill
over while baking.
4. Prick the bottom of each tart shell with a fork a couple of times.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
APPLE TART FILLING:
3 Firm baking apples (Spy or Ida Red) peeled & finely diced
1/2 cup (125 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp (5 mL) Cinnamon
1/2 cup (125 mL) Sugar
3 tbsp (45 mL) Cubed butter
1. Toss apples with all ingredients.
2. Spoon into parbaked tart shells.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until filling is hot and shells are slightly golden.
3 Large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% milk
1/2 tsp (2 mL) Chopped fresh thyme leaves
1/2 tsp (2 mL) Chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp (2 mL) Salt
1/4 tsp (1 mL) Black pepper
1/2 cup (125 mL) Shredded cheese
1/2 cup (125 mL) Sautéed mushrooms
1. Whisk all ingredients together.
2. Fill each parbaked tart shell with the filling.
3. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is set and begins to turn golden on top.