Gluten-Free Peach Cobbler
Servings: 9 Servings
4 cups (1 L) sliced ripe peaches
2 tbsp (30 mL) agave syrup
1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, melted
1 ¼ cups (310 mL) Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1 cup (250 mL) sugar
2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) salt
1 cup (250 mL) 2% milk
1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. To peel peaches, immerse in pot of boiling hot water for 1‐2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. If peaches are ripe, the skins should slip off easily.
3. Slice peaches and mix with agave and lemon juice, set aside.
4. Melt butter and put in 8 x 8‐inch baking pan coating the entire bottom of pan.
5. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in bowl.
6. Combine milk and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.
7. Spoon batter evenly over butter (don’t mix in), then spoon peaches over batter.
8. Bake for 45‐50 minutes. Serve warm.