Gluten-Free Foccacia Bread
2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons yeast
1/4 cup Highwood Crossing Organic Canola Oil
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2t. xanthan gum (optional)
2 cups Highwood Crossing Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup fresh herbs
- Stir yeast into warm water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of the oil, honey, salt and flour to the yeast mixture and mix using a spatula.
- Use the spatula to turn dough onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet (sprinkle with cornmeal if you like). Dough will be wet, sticky and soft (like a heavy cake mix).
- Spread to fill sheet.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise 1 hour.
- Pour the remaining 2 Tbsp. oil into a small dish. Then dip your fingers into the oil and dimple the dough. Sprinkle coarse salt, Parmesan or goat cheese, fresh herbs, thinly sliced tomatoes or caramelized onions on top.
- Bake 425 preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes.