Organic Hulled Millet Seed
- Organic Hulled Millet Seed is an ancient grain belonging to the grass family, that may have been consumed by humans for over 7,000 years. It is said to have played a pivotal role in the rise of multi-crop agriculture and settled farming communities. As a crop, Millet is highly drought tolerant and have a similar nutritional content to other cereals.
- It has about the same protein level as wheat and is high in B vitamins and minerals. It is perfect for whole grain salads and can used as an alternative to Quinoa or in place of rice in stir fries or as a savory pilaf. It has a pleasant, sweet flavour and can also be cooked in water and enjoyed as a healthy breakfast cereal. Millet porridge is a traditional food in Russia, German and Chinese cuisines.
- You can also roast Hulled Millet on a baking sheet for a few minutes in the oven to enhance the
- flavour and aroma of the grain.
- Hulled Millet is also a common ingredient in seedy crackers and breads.
- Organic, Gluten-Free, 100% Whole Grain, High in Fibre, Sodium-Free, GMO-Free, Trans Fat-Free